What’s New in v5.9.42
- Fix some copper region will disappear issue when open the Gerber at Flatcam
- “Create Solder Mask” change to “Expose Copper”
- Fix some PCB photo abnormal issue
- Fix some PCB can not display correct copper pour issue
- Other improvements
What’s New in v5.9.41
- Fix the track can not change direction by space key while routing into pad issue
- Fix the ratline will not disappear issue
- Fix the “Document Recovery” function doesn’t work on the desktop client issue
- Fix other issues
What’s New in v5.9.34
- Fix when auto-router the skip routed net doesn’t work issue
- Fix PCB track hard to move the segment issue
- Fix 3D view hasn’t copper area issue
- Fix when mouse move the object, the location coordinate will increase 0.002 issue
- Fix some file can’t open issue
- Fix the grid shape of copper area the photo view incorrect issue
What’s New in v5.9.31
- Fix PCB export the PDF doesn’t contain copper area issue
What’s New in v5.9.30
- Fix some PCB doesn’t show correct copper area issue at the desktop client
What’s New in v5.9.29
- Fix when undo the wire will disappear issue if you have been dragged the part and wire
What’s New in v5.9.28
- Fix document can’t save issue when too many operation counts
- Fix when reset prefix position the editor can not undo issue
- Fix the junction will not appear issue when place the netflag on the wire
- Fix the copper area clearance doesn’t read the DRC clearance issue
- Fix when the “Document Recovery” has too much historicals will cause the editor crash issue
What’s New in v5.9.25
- Fix the problem that the property panel parameter modification sometimes does not take effect issue
- Fix auto-routing without evading ignored networks issue
- Fix the problem of offsetting the route tracks
- Fix when re-open the PCB and generate the Gerber, the Gerber file doesn’t exist the copper area issue
- Fix the Undo/Redo will casue saving function desn’t work issue
- Fix some PCB DRC has abnormal errors issue
What’s New in v5.9.24
- Fix the ratline will not disappear after creating the plane layer issue
- Fix the some special charaters of the old file will causes the document can not open issue
- Fix the Export BOM function desn’t work issue at Docmuent Menu
- Fix the island can not remove correctly issue
- Fix some old PCB will show the DRC error issue
What’s New in v5.9.21
- Support move the cursor to footprint origin when hold the SHIFT key and drag the footprint
- Support object offset setting when select it and then press the TAB key
- Add “Backup Project” menu
- Support the grid shape of the copper area
- Support creating the slot hole by using board outline
- Improve the redo undo, modify the board outline will cause the editor hang up issue on large PCB
- Improve PCBlib check dimension function
- Improve the PIN pick up experience
- Support copy the PCB information
- Improve the copper pour performance for the large PCB
- Improve the PIN and PAD number increasing problem
- Remove the “Mounted” option for the schematic
- Support to show the link at the “Libraries” dialog if the lib has been added the link parameter
- Support disable the DRC boudary at “Design Rule”
- Improve the large PCB add teardrop will hang up the editor issue
- Track length tuning support Arc shape
- Improve the track corner behavior when move the track segment
- Improve the large PCB photo view will hang up the editor issue
- Add the order instruction at Gerber zip file
- Add the remark at the PCB and Gerber when using the “Panelize” function
- Improve the DRC performance
- Improve the track snap to other track/arc
- Improve the solid region style while routing
- Arc support the solder mask layer
- The topbar menu support auto close when the cursor moving out
- Support modify the rectangle width and heihght at the schematic
- Proejct title support display the version number at the project list
- PCBlib right-click menu adds “Check Dimension” menu at the “Libraries” dialog
- Improve the differential pair routing
- Improve the copper area island option
- Improve the polygon PAD editing
- Fix some step can not undo redo issue
- Fix some PCB objects will move 0.002mil issue
- Fix the empty text using the Google font will cause the PCB can not open issue
- Fix some situation will cause the Import Changes doesn’t working issue
- Fix the ratline will not disappear issue if the track doesn’t connect with the pad center
What’s New in v5.8.22
- Fixed the PCBLib retangle will be filled when photo view issue.
- Fixed the PCB module will be grouped as a footprint issue when placing on the PCB.
What’s New in v5.8.20
- Fixed when import the DXF to PCB board outline layer, the circle can’t convert to Hole issue.
- Fixed when switch the PCB layers from 4 layers to 2 layers the plane zone can not be removed issue.
What’s New in v5.8.19
- Fixed the extract lib fail issue
- Fixed the Google font will cause the import changes fail issue
- Add the Export BOM button back
What’s New in v5.8.16
- PCB Dimension tools support switching units and selection accuracy
- The panelize function supports positioning holes and positioning points
- New auto-router dialog
- Part’s new costum parameter supports to select the drop down list parameter
- Schematic sheets support to arragement the order, via: Left-bottom corner - sheet icon - move forward/backward
- The silk screen highlighted when layer switching to TopLayer or BottomLayer
- Add property panel for the photo view
- Pin’s name and number support to set color
- New version control for the project
- New PCB Layer Manager
- Support 32 inner layers
- Support layer transparent setting
- Support defind the inner layer’s name
- Support show and setting Solder Mask and Paste Mask for the pad
- More origin setting for the schematiclib and PCBlib, via: Topbar - Place - Set Canvas Origin
- Design Manager supports to show the numbers and jumping icons
- Design Manager’s divider supports up and down adjustment
- Copper Area and Solid Region support to redo at previous step by hotkey DELETE and BACKSPACE when drawing
- PCBLib supports to draw the retangular
- PCB support inner plane layer
- How to use: 1.Chose copper layer more than 2 at Layer Manager. 2.Change inner layer’s type as “Plane”. 3.Apply “Setting” and swicth layer on inner layer. 4.Route the track or Arc
- If you change the objects on the plane layer, please rebuild it at the right-hand panel “Rebuild Plane”
- The exported SVG graphics unit setting as mm
- Fixed the imported DXF wasn’t saparated issue
- Fixed some EElib’s package
- Fixed when import changes will replace the unmodified components issue
- Fixed the BottomAssemblyLayer objects do not mirror issue
- Fixed when copper area contain more than 2 contain coppers will cause the Gerber incorrect issue
- New Altium Export dialog
- The pick and place file exporting change to CSV instead of ZIP
- Fixed the auto-router can’t avoid the hole issue
- When the number and name of the package are too far away from the package, they will automatic return to the original position.
- Improve the Gerber generating speed
- 3DLib and Grid Copper Area delay at v5.9
What’s New in v5.7.26
- Fixed the space of the text will cause the font family to change issue
- Fixed when copy the PCB footprint and paste to the PCBlib will cause the prefix incorrect issue
- Fixed the PCB module placing unavaliable issue
What’s New in v5.7.24
- PCB text font family supports to change to other fonts automatically when the default font family can not display the text
- Fixed the irregular solid region will cause the incorrect DRC errors issue
- Fixed the bottom solid region(cutout) will cause the incorrect copper area issue
- Fixed when the copper areas overlap, the Gerber will be generated incorrect issue
What’s New in v5.7.22
- Released EasyEDA desktop client for Linux 64Bit
- Fixed when edit the old PCB the Ratlines don’t coincide with pad issue
- Fixed the pad can’t not connect with the copper area correclty issue of some special imported PCB
- Other bugs fixed
What’s New in v5.7.19
- Fixed the DRC error marks remain issue after importing changes
- Improved the copper area picking experience
What’s New in v5.7.17
- 3D View(first version)
- Via: Topbar - Preview - 3D View
- Known issue: Only PCB 3D view, no 3D models; The inner wall of the plated hole doesn’t support plated yet
- Board Panelize(first version)
- via：Topbar - Tools - Panelize
- Only support to self-panelize
- Copper Area Manager(first version)
- via：Topbar - Tools - Copper Area Manager
- How to use：Adjust the copper areas order, then apply
- Copper Area can be named
- PCB Lib Dimension Tool
- via：Topbar - Tools - Check Dimension
- Dimension data will not be saved in PCBlib
- Track Length Tuning(first version)
- Via: Topbar - Route - Track Length Tuning
- How to use: Select the track you want, then click the menu, set the parameter, then left-click the track onece where you want to start tunning, and then move the mouse
- Routing Conflict - Block
- Via: Canvas Attributes - Others - Routing Conflict
- Track routing support to show unconfirmed track, Right-click to cancel the unconfirmed track
- Unconfirmed track support to show DRC outline
- New Design Rule Manager
- Support different net different rule
- Support check objects to board outline
- Add two Google fonts for PCB, support Chinese & Korean & Japanese to input directly
- Arc & Protractor have more attributes
- All documents support to import DXF
- New PCB Distance Measure, hotkey M
- Press Tab key to modify attrubites when place the component/net label/pad/via/pin/track/canvas origin
- Layers Tool’s height is supported to pin and adjust
- Support to cancel Menu by ESC key
- The single track support to convert to NTPH(Slot hole)
- How to use: Select one track, right-click menu - Convert to NPTH
- The position of the component prefix of the PCB can be modified
- Via: Topbar - Edit - Prefix Position
- How to use: Select the components, click the menu
- New highlight style on the canvas when click the component/pin/net at the design manager
- New Find Tool. Hotkey CTRL+F
- Offical components support to report error at the right-hand panel
- When placing offical verified component support to show the √ mark on the component’s left-bottom corner
- DRC error support to check the objects to copper area
- New DRC errors information for design manager
- Add Portuguese & Czech
- Smaller copper area outline, and more convenience for picking
- Improved the image import for the schematic
- Fixed when modify the component pin information at the footprint manager can’t work issue
- Fixed when photo view the PCB the silk screen will cover the pad issue
- Fixed the PCB footprint’s prefix can’t be deleted issue when it was ungrouped
- Fixed some situation the footprint’s prefix and name can’t not mirror issue
- Fixed when measure the distance the cursor can’t be snapped to pad center issue
- Improved the DRC error marks remain even no DRC error issue
- Fixed the subpart update fail issue
- Remove the clearance of the solid region(cut out/NPTH) to copper area
- Other bugs fixed
- The auto-router doesn’t work in some PCB, we will fix it after finished the 3D view(including PCB 3D view & PCBlib 3D view and 3D model associate). Please route the track manually at this time.
What’s New in v5.6.15
- Differential Pair Routing(First version)
- Via: Topbar - Route - Differential Pair Routing…
- Notice: The PCB differential pair net name must named as XXX_N, XXX_P or XXX+, XXX-
- Fixed some old PCBs can’t use the auto router issue, and release new local auto router to v0.7
- Fixed the copper area and solid region outline virtual node(drag node) disappear issue
What’s New in v5.6.9
- Fixed the older Chrome/Firfox open the document will not display anything issue
What’s New in v5.6.9
- When importing the other EDA files the libs can be extracting at the same time
- Find Similar Objects is supported
- Via: Topbar - View - Find Similar Objects; and Right-click the canvas - Find Similar Objects
- Support finding at multi-sheets
- Support change the objects attributes at the same time on the attributes panel
- Distribute Array of the PCB is supported
- After select the objects, Via: Topbar - Align - Distribute Array
- Types: Retangular and Circular
- Teardrops supported for all pad shapes
- Supported Schematic theme setting sync to the server
- Track and Arc support to one-click create the solder mask
- Select the Track or Arc, click the “Create Solder Mask” button at the right-hand panel
- Wire and Track segment deletion is supported
- Right-click the wire or track, use “Delete Segment” menu
- The outline points are editable of the Copper Area/Solid Region/Polygon Pad
- Click the Copper Area/Solid Region/Polygon Pad, and then click the “Edit Points” button on the right-hand panel
- Copper Area/Solid Region support The Arc of the outline points
- The hotkey “L” and hotkey “Space key” were supported when drawing the Copper Area and Solid Region, that likes routing the track
- The new version Copper Area/Solid Region or polygon Pad can not be supported in the older editor version
- Set PCB canvas origin supported to Snap to Arc and track nodes when the mouse get close
- PCB information display is supported
- Via: Topbar - View - PCB Information
- The project folder color changes to bule when stick the projet
- Dispaly the title when hover the mouse on the Docmuent’s Tab/Project folder,
display the description when hover the mouse on the Docmuent’s title on the projects list
- New Right-Click menu
- Find similar objects/Place Components/Delete Segment/Grid Size/Snap Size/Design Rule Setting
- Via’s net name display supported
- Decrease the Gerber file size when the Gerber generating
- Fixed the “import changes” function will unmirror the bottom layer’s component’s name issue
- Fixed when move the texts in bacth, but after re-opening the PCB, only one text be moved issue
- Other bugs fixed
Differentail pair routing will be released at next update.
What’s new in v5.5.15
- Fixed when hidden the layer and re-opened the PCB, the toplayer pad will disappear issue. If you met this issue please use the PCB “Histories Record” function to recover. Via: Project folder - PCB file - right click the PCB - Histories record - choose a correct record and recover.
- Fixed when change the pad’s layer, the footprint will be separated issue
- Update EElibs
What’s new in v5.5.14
- Fixed the via doesn’t show up issue when open the PCB
What’s New in v5.5.11
- The library can be updated from the “Libraries”
- Right-click component and “Update from Libraries”
- Please notice: The Fliped symbol does’t support perfectly, please check the filped symbol carefully after updating
- Support Teardrops
- via: Tools - Teardrops
- Only via and round pad at present
- Don’t support auto suit for DRC yet, after adding teardrops please check the DRC
- New schematic theme setting
- Only support current sheet at present
- Fixed the Ratlines can’t update in realtime issue
- Fixed the invalid Copper Area issue
- Fixed when placing a subparts schematic module to the schematic, the prefixs can’t to increase correctly issue.
- Fixed the footprint manager can’t choose the search result issue.
- Fixed the copper area disappear issue
- Fixed the DRC error issue
- Fixed the schematic arrow disappear issue
- Improved the “Update to PCB, Update PCB, Import Changes” error message notification
- Improved the big file opening efficiency
- Fixed the document histories record timestamp
- Fixed the Arc can’t be shown at photo view and can’t generate the Gerber issue
- Other bugs fixed
What’s New in v5.4.12
- Fixed the imported schematic network connection looks good but fail issue.
What’s New in v5.4.11
- Fixed the Decompress fail issue.
- Increase the save time for the big file.
What’s New in v5.4.10
- Improved the Gerber compatibility in some old CAM350 version.
What’s New in v5.4.9
- Fixed the schematic re-open will cause the package error issue in some special situation. Please re-update the package of the incorrect component at the footprint manager.
What’s New in v5.4.7
- Location locked function is supported
- PCB and PCB lib support 3 decimal precision: 0.001mil,0.001mm etc
- The selected Footprint shows in semitransparent
- Creating a new schematic after creating a project, which is waiting to save
- Fixed the attribute panel doesn’t work correctly issue
- Schematic library wizard support the old format. please refer at Schematic library wizard
- Fixed the solid region NPTH and cutout types show incorrect in PDF and image issue
- Fixed the parameters can’t be edited of the spice symbol in the attribute panel issue
- Improved the save overtime issue of the big file
- Remove the attribute dialog when double click object
- Improved the imported image size in PCB
- Update Polish language
- BOM download transfer to LCSC
- Gerber View recommend to use Gerberv instead of JLCPCB Gerber view
- Improved the color of the panel hidden icon
- Improved the experience of the PCB import changes from the schematic
- PCB texts move in batch is supported
- The imported image behavior same as footprint when change its layer in PCB
- The open source project support to download the BOM and Gerber
- Improved the large file to export the EasyEDA source and SVG source
- Because of the server resource limited, Simulation rule change to “2 minutes interval for every time simulation”
What is new in v5.3.14
- Fixed the copper zone can not invisible issue.
- Fixed the track width and PCB unit can not be changed issue.
What is new in v5.3.12
- Schematic Library Wizard support the professional function. the more detail please refer: Schematic Library Wizard
- Fixed issue error in Firefox 59.0.1.
- Update Russian translation
- Improved Footprint Manager
- Fixed Spice Symbols search
- Fixed Spice Symbols - edit subckt function
- Fixed Netlabel can’t update the PCB when it has <> charaters issue.
- Fixed Photo view hasn’t show incorrect when the Pad has the via inside issue.
- Fixed other bugs.
What is new in v5.3.2
It is a big version upgrade, Easy do a lot of changes and improvements.
- New website
- New forum, New explore, New resource, New website search
- Support follow user and team
- Support send messages to user and team
- New user center
- Clear function modules: Project, Team, Modules, Libraries, Friend, Notification，Message, Recycle Bin
- Powerful project management
- Support project archive
- New team management
- Support project and libraries and team transfer to others
- New editor UI,
- New editor menu, clear up Open and Import function
- New icons
- Separate the super menu
- New Libraries Search
- The clear libraries types
- More information display
Improvements search, support LCSC part number search
- Support display team and user libraries which were you followed
- New document format
- Libraries has global unique ID
- New multi-schematics display, like a workbook of Excel
- Global annotation, Global netlabels
- Document histories recover
- New footprint manager
- Support footprints’ pad number display
- Support footprints’ pad number display
- New projects display
- Access-Control change to Add member
- Support sort and stick project
- Combine access control and team project to project panel
- New Gerber generate dialog
- Support schematics offline printing
- Add update instruction dialog
- Right-hand attributes panel support scroll bar
- Improve document and project right-click menu
- Footprint manager support
SHIFTkey to batch select
- New documents, projects, libraries support select owner
- Improve the footprint placing location when using import changes
- Fixed Netlist export
- Gerber unit follow the PCB unit
- Fixed some Gerber drill holes will offset issue when it open with CAM350
- EElib add Zener diode
- Support Alitum, Eagle, KiCAD sub-part import
- PCB Lib support import DXF
- PCB import image support more units
- LCSC libraries add verify and SMT icon, verify：which is verified by EasyEDA, SMT: which is assembled by JLCPCB in the future
- Local Auto router aupport MacOS(64bit)
- Editor support Vietnamese language
- Experience improvements and bug fixed
What is new in v5.1.3
- Solved the auto router will remove the existing tracks when disable the “Remove the Existing Tracks” option issue, we change this option to “Skip the Routed Nets”.
- Fixed the script can’t be saved issue.
- Fixed Chrome 62 and greater version the SVG preview doesn’t work issue.
Fixed the global delete can’t delete the arc track issue.
- What‘s new of the next major release?
please refer to: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/ForecastWhats_new_of_the_major_version_v5_3_X-BGO60icuM
What is new in v4.11.9
- Fixed copper area can’t generate the clearance issue.
- Fixed simulation can’t run issue.
What is new in v4.11.5
- Fixed the connect pad to pad function of the PCB tool.
- Fixed when copy and paste the pads the pad number doesn’t increase issue.
- Fixed the footprint manager will show red issue when the footprint has the same pad number.
- Fixed when autoroute or change the track layer will cause the double via issue.
- Improved mutil-layer pad change to single layer experience.
- Fixed when measure the pad inside don’t show the result issue.
- New KiCAD SCH Libs and PCB Libs.
- Improved the annotate function.
- Fixed some special situations will cause the copper area function don’t work properly issue.
- Improved when close the snap the wire did not connect correctly issue.
- Remove shortcut key
G(Avoid to close the Snap function by accidentally, that will make the wire to detach the PIN) and
- Fixed when the PCB import change with the no pad footprint will make the excursion issue.
What is new in v4.10.3
- Improved the efficiency for delete much tracks. Before, it takes a few minutes to delete 1000+ tracks, now, it only takes a few seconds.
- Fixed the problem that the ratline will not disappear after routing.
- Fixed the problem that the copper area will not disappear after deleting the copper.
What is new in v4.10.2
- Fixed netlabel can’t be connected issue.
What is new in v4.10.1
- New menu of “Help”.
- New Function: Cross Probe and Place, hotkey “ctrl + shift + x”.
- Local auto router support Linux (64bit).
- Optimized the sort rule of nets in the schematic.
- Optimized the multi-netlabel in one wire display in the schematic design manager.
In the earlier version, when you place a component at a wire, its net name will change, and if you update to PCB, the tracks and net name will be change too. but since this verison, that problem is fixed, but the earlier PCB tracks and net name we can’t keep the same as before, If you want to keep the PCB layout, you’d better use the
Convert to PCBrather than
- Improved the schematic drawing is not fluent issue.
- Fixed the package title with space will cause the package update fail issue.
- Fixed when paste the copy with right click will make undo fail issue.
- Fixed when change the PIN length cause the rotation error issue.
- Fixed the text alignment issue.
- Improved the Firefox zoom in and zoom out fluency.
- Fixed the special charaters will cause the auto router fail issue.
- Fixed the circle copper area will casue the edge rag issue.
- Improved BOM export.
- Added milimeter unit for Pick and place file output. The unit follow the PCB unit setting.
What is new in v4.9.3
Local Auto Router
To solve the auto router always busy, we provide the local auto router function now.
Before run the local auto router, you have to configure the browser, for more information please refer: PCB Layout - Route Tracks - Local Auto Router
Export the Altium Designer file format
Now EasyEDA is support to export the Altium Designer file format, because of this is the first version, maybe have some problem we haven’t found, please check carefully when you open at Altium Designer.
The more information please refer to : Export - Export to Altium Designer
What is new in v4.8.5
Footprint Manager Enhanced
1.Footprint manager will check your part’s package correct or not automatically. If the part without the package or this package doesn’t exist in EasyEDA Libraries, or if the part’s Pins Number doesn’t correspond the package’s Pads Number correctly, the footprint manager will show the red alert.
Notice: If your schematic have many different packages, the footprint manager will take a few seconds to compare the packages’ pads and your components’ pins. Please wait for it.
2.In the preview area, you can zoom in, zoom out and pan with mouse.
LCSC Assembly Components
We add an LCSC Assembly Components option of the Parts, It was be contained in LCSC Parts, It’s easy to choose which component can be assembled by LCSC.
Yes, We will provide the assembly service at end of this year.
Buy Components From LCSC More Easily
We change the BOM export location in at LCSC.
When you click “Export BOM at LCSC”, we will help you to list all the components of your BOM, and you just need to put them to the cart and check out.
And Click the “BOM”button to download the BOM file.
Documents Tab Switch
It’s easy to fit your documents tab location.
We add a protractor for PCB tools.
What is new in v4.6.4
New Footprint Manager
In this version we provide a powerful footprint manager tool. It supports batch modifying component packages. For more detail please refer to the Footprint Manager section.
New Arc tool
A new arc tool which is center point fixed, and you can change the radius easily.
Have you been upset because you couldn’t delete the same units of schematic or PCB. Now we tried to solve this problem via the global delete feature. You can globally delete the same units of your choice easily.
Move selected component
When moving the selected component, the connected wire will move vertically and horizontally.
BOM export on the top toolbar
In the BOM export dialog，you can assign LCSC part’s order code for your components.
After clicking on the assign icon，the components and packages search dialog will open in which you can choose the component that you want to assign.
More Align options
The Editor provides more alignment options as below. These options can make your design more convenient.
New Altium Design Import
It is faster and better, and it support big files. Please make sure that you save the file as ASCII before importing.
Better DXF Import
Importing DXF file to PCB is better.
What is new in the V4.5.6
After 7 years of development, EasyEDA are pleased to announce the new version: V4.5.6. which introduces many new features. Try it at https://easyeda.com/editor
- New UI
Before V4.5, EasyEDA’s UI is not professional, now we redesign the icons and theme.
EasyEDA partner with China’s largest electronic components online store by customers and ordering quantity launch https://lcsc.com.
- LCSC means Love Components? Save Cost! We suggest our users to use LCSC parts to design. Why?
- Small Quantity & Global Shipping.
- More Than 25,000 Kinds of Components.
- All components are genuine.
- It is easy to order co after design.
- You can save 40% cost at least.
- You can use our symbols and package.
- Cross Probe in Schematic and PCB
This tool is used to cross probe from chosen objects on the current schematic to its corresponding counterparts in the PCB, or from PCB Footprints to corresponding counterparts in the schematic.
Note, you need to open the schematics and PCB. Don’t forget to use hotkey
Thanks to this topic https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/TAB_to_toggle_between_PCB_amp_schematic-LDdaKIigs
- Board outline wizard
Some users want to set very precision board outlines, now we can do in this way. Open your PCB, find the menu via toolbar.
Then you can see such a dialog.
In this dialog, we provide 3 type board outline setting, Rectangular , Circular, Round Rect.
If you need other complex board outline, you can import a DXF file.
- Change Supper Menu position
In old version, the supper menu is a bit litter hard to find, now we set it at a good place.
- New Design Manger
The old design manager is hard to find too, now we move it to the left panel.
We hope you enjoy the new version!
And as always, if you have any questions or suggestions, do let us know. [email protected]
What is new in the V4.1.1.X
After 7 years of development, EasyEDA are pleased to announce the new version: V4.1.1. which introduces many new features. Try it at https://easyeda.com/editor.
2017 Spring Festival Notification
Please check this link 2017 Spring Festival Notification
EasyEDA ambitions in 2017
1. Provide components ordering with your PCB.
So you can not only order your PCB from us; you will also be able to order many common components directly from us. We will ship the components with your PCB so saving you lots of time and money because there’s no need to hunt for components and compare pricing from big name suppliers.
2. Provide PCB assembly service.
For a long time, EasyEDA has been able to provide a PCB assembly service but up to now just a few customers who chat with us via email know about this service. In 2017, we will make this service public. So after you design the PCB, we will not only help you to source the components but we will kit and assemble them onto your PCB before shipping the completed PCBs to you. That way, you can focus more of your time and effort into the design and debug tasks.
New EasyEDA libs
From this version, we have changed the EasyEDA Libs to try make it easier to find, place and order components and to make schematic conversion to PCB simpler. Placing any component from the EasyEDA Libs into a schematic will therefore also automatically complete the PCB package and all the required BoM information fields.
For Resistor, Capacitor, Inductor symbols, EasyEDA now provides the components with package selection and provides dedicated US styles and IEC styles
For other common parts such as discretes and ICs, we now provide symbols for components with specific packages and which can be ordered from EasyEDA.
For the Connector section,
EasyEDA now provides Header-Male, Header-Female, Screw Terminal, IDC box, RJ45, RJ11, USB and audio interface. All of these components can be ordered straight from EasyEDA with your PCB.
- Note however that this is a big change from the earlier versions of the EasyEDA Libs because from V4.1.1 most of the non-passive components in the EasyEDA Libs will no longer have spice models attached to them.
Schematic symbols with spice simulation models attached to them can now be found using the More Libraries… button (or SHIFT+F) under System Components > Spice Simulation
So, you do need to spend some time to explore these changes.
- Images for EasyEDA components.
Sometimes, it can be hard to visualise what a component really looks like just from package or schematic symbols, so now we provide real product images, photographed against a 1mm grid for reference,
Work as a team
Before EasyEDA version V4, if you wanted to work together with your partners, you had to use the Add Member function.
Access Control has lots of limitations on who can create projects, schematics and PCBs and more importantly, when you try to convert your schematics to PCB, you may find that some packages create error messages which can be hard to track down.
Now EasyEDA provides a new team feature with which you can work seamlessly with your partners. You can work as if everyone is logged in under the same account, with full access to all components, Schematics, PCBs and Projects.
How to find the team function.
Under the dashboard , there is a team section.
How to create a team.
There is a link as shown in the image above, or click this link after you login.
How to switch to team model.
1) switch in the dashboard.
After you have created a team, click the team name and the dashboard will switch to showing only the team projects, files and components.
After switching to a team, there is a team management section where you can manage your team members, invite new team members and even delete the team.
2) switch in the editor.
Under your personal menu, there is a sub menu allowing you to switch to a team or to your personal account.
How to Upgrade to a team
If you want to contribute all of your designs to a team, you can use this function. First you need to create a team, then click the link, shown below, under dashboard.
Be careful with this function because after you do that, all of your components, projects will be moved to your team.
Tips about the team function.
- If you switch to a team, you can’t automatically use any Packages/Footprints which you have created under your personal account. You need to Favorite your personal package/componments first.
- You need to be aware that your team and your personal accounts are the different, separate accountsand that you can’t use them both at the same time.
- After making yourself the owner of a team, it is best to create any Components and Packages needed by the team under that team.
- If you add a member, nominated to be your accountant, to your team then they can deal the team billing and invoices.
After you modify a PCB, please remember to rebuild the copper area before placing the final PCB order.
In a few weeks time, we will introduce the feature that EasyEDA will force you to rebuild the copper area before placing the final PCB order but for now you need to remember: Easyeda does not rebuild the copper area automatically for you before placing your order.
- Desktop Version beta version
A download link for this will be available soon.
We hope you enjoy the new version!
And as always, if you have any questions or suggestions, do let us know.
What is new in the V3.10.X
The new version EasyEDA, V3.10.x. introduces lots of new features. Try it at https://easyeda.com/editor.
Better Mac User Experience
Please note that when running EasyEDA on a Mac, for the best user experience, we recommend using Chrome instead of Safari.
When Using the Mouse
Hold down the right click and move your mouse and the canvas will pan with the cursor.
Before using the Magic Mouse, you need to enable the right click function via this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzIoAxXSHE,
When Using the Touchpad
Hold down the
SHIFTkey then move a single finger: the canvas will pan horizontally.
Hold down the
CONTROLkey then move a single finger: the canvas will pan vertically.
When Using the Mouse
Scroll the middle button of the mouse (or Magic mouse).
When Using the Touchpad
Sliding a single finger up zooms in and sliding down zooms out.
New Pad attribute.
Platedattributes have been added for the hole in a pad as illustrated in the image below
The component search function has been significantly improved to make finding part symbols and footprints quicker and easier. Press hot key
SHIFT+For click it via toolbar
In the new components dialog, it is easy to select the right components via tags and you can set tags for your own components.
When creating a schematic lib, there is an input dialog for entering sourcing information, such as supplier information, supplier part number and datasheet. Information can be added at the time the schematic lib is created or these steps can be skipped at this stage and add these later.
New Component attribute
The new version of EasyEDA adds a
Mountedattribute at the component, to simplify the identification and kitting of optional components which may be fitted in one assembly but not in another. This attribute can be set to
YESto list the part in the BoM. If the
Mountedattribute is set to
NOas illustrated in the image below then the part will not be listed in the BOM.
Components search dialog
EasyEDA Componentsoption is selected, then a dialog opens as illustrated in the image below.
EasyEDA team has spent a lot of time to build these
EasyEDA Componentscomponents and packages and we recommend them as preferred components, because the packages have been carefully checked and verified, the footprints have been designed for reliable soldering by our PCB manufacturing and because these components can all be ordered directly from EasyEDA.
There are several other categories to explore but these components may need more carefully checking or may be a little harder to source.
- New search filter
When updating a package, using new filter terms, it is now possible to search only for a symbol or only for a package/footprint. For example in the filter entry below:
the filter term:
will just search for a PCB package with the name AXIAL.
Similarly, the filter term:
will just search for components (symbols) without listing packages.
- Synchronous schematic and PCB
Converting a schematic to PCB can be done using the
Convert Project to PCB...button as illustrated in the toolbar below but a new
update PCBbutton has been added so that modifications to the schematic can immediately be passed forward to update the a selected PCB without having the PCB editor window already open.
- Add Frame
It is now possible to add design notes to the frame and the frame selection, for example A4, can assist in aligning and improve the look of printed schematics and PCB designs.
click the frame button like bellow image
As illustrated in the image below:
the bottom right zone can be selected and dragged or the frame can be dragged and deleted.
Hide the simulation button
EasyEDA’s simulation function is powerful but it is not easy to use. Many of our users run a schematic which, for example, may include symbols or blocks - such Wifi modules, MCU, DSP and ADC devices - for which no simulation models exist. This can be very discouraging and frustrating, especially for users that are new to simulation and - because it is a CPU intensive task - at the same time can also waste lots of CPU resource at the expense of other tasks such as autorouting and rendering on larger PCBs.
To reduce the casual use of simulaton we have taken the decision, not to remove it but to simply hide the simulation button from the tool bar. Simulations can still be constructed and saved exactly as before but they can now only be run using the CTRL+R to run the simulation and we strongly recommend first studying - and trying out the many examples in - the EasyEDA Simulation eBook.
Desktop version coming soon
EasyEDA will provide a desktop version for offline use.
We hope you enjoy the new version!
And as always, if you have any questions or suggestions, do let us know.
What is new in the V3.2.X
The new version is V3.2.x. EasyEDA has lots of new features in the version. Try it via https://easyeda.com/editor.
Invite Friends to Win a Gift
If you like to help your friends to use this nice web based EDA tool, you can invite him/her to join EasyEDA. At the same time, you and your friends will get a $5 coupon to order PCB from EasyEDA. Why not to give this feature a try?
Click this link invite your friends now
It is easy to get this fundtion, right click the document which you need to find it’s version like bellow image
After clicking the history version link, you will get a list of all of the versions like bellow image.
click the version number, you can open the saved file on the editor, if this is what you need, you can save it to your project and delete your bad file.
- Now all of the versions are marked as number, we will allow you to add a tag soon.
- Don’t save your files too frequently, or you will get lots of versions and hardly to find the exact one.
- Auto Router
For some simply or prototype PCBs, you may want to use the auto router function to save time. Layout is a time cost and dull job. EasyEDA spends lots of time to provide such featureand loved by our users.
- 1 Click the the auto router button from the toolbar
- 2 Config the auto router
After you click that button, you will get a config dialog like bellow image.
In the config dialog, you can set some rules to make the auto router profession.
If you want to keep the routed tracks, you need unchecked the
The real time check box will let you see how it is going, but it will make the process a bit litter slow.
If you like to keep the a net no route, you can skip it. For example, if you want to use copper area to connect
GNDnet, you can skip the
For the power supply track, you may want it to bigger, then you can add some specail rules.
- 3 Run it
Click the run button, waiting for a few seconds, after add bottom and top copper area, you will get a finished PCB board like bellow image.
Some time, if you can’t get it done, try bellow tips.
- Skip the GND nets, add copper area to GND net.
- use small tracks and small clearance, but make sure the value is more than 6mil.
- Routing some key tracks manual before auto router.
- Add more layers, 4 layers or 6 layers
Some profession guys don’t like the auto router, because they think auto router is not profession, but you can the auto router to check your placement. to check the density of your PCB.
- Insert Image/Logo to PCB
On PCB and PCB Lib editor, there is a new feature on the PCB Tool bar like the bellow image.
After click it and select the image, you will goto bellow image.
In this dialog, you can choose your favorite image, EasyEDA support
, 'GIF, and
SVG. not likes some other EDA tools, they just support a Monochrome Bitmap image, EasyEDA support full color. but Monochrome Bitmap is welcome.
You can adjust the tolerance and reset the image size at there.
The image will be inserted to the active layer, if it is not right, you can change the attribute of it. Such as TopSilkLayer.
- More Fonts for PCB
From V3.2.x, You can add more fonts from your computer or download some free fonts .
Select the text, then you can find a Font-family attribute on the right panel like bellow image.
Click the add button, then choose the font, the font file must be
So you can add any fonts by your self. EasyEDA desn’t cache the font on our server, so if you close the editor, you need to add the font again by your self.
If you use the other font, the
LineWidthattribute is useless, because it will be auo by change the
Change Attributes in Batch on PCB Editor
Some times, we need to change some attributes in the same together, such as the track width, hole size and font size.
Now, you can select them and do some changes. Taking the track for an example. If you select 3 tracks, now you can change their
Other items such as
TEXT, you can try to play this feature.
New Track Style
When routing, some time we need to add an Arc segment, or change the inflection direction. Now we can do this easily.
Change to Arc style, You can use Hot key
Lto toggle from 45 degree to Arc.
You can change inflection direction when router, from A to B, we have two ways.
When you router from A to B, the default track is 1, but if you press
Space barkey, the track will be changed to 2.
Copying codes is an easy job for coders, now copy and reuse a schematic or PCB are easy now.
Take a power supply unit for example, you can save this unit as a schematic module.
After saving, you can find it at the module section. And you can place the whole block to your schematic.
Get a Invoice After PCB Order
For company users, after order PCB, they may need an invoice, you can find it at .
History orders. There is an invoice link, you can open it and save it as pdf or html file.
- Contribute Your Symbols and Package to EasyEDA
Right click your parts, you can share symbols and package to EasyEDA system libs, then, every one can use them as their own parts.
- Delete a Segment from a Track
In lots of other EDA tools, the track is segment line, but in EasyEDA, the track is polyline. some time, if we want to delete a segment, we must delete the whole track and router again. Now we provide a not bad way to do this. Moving your mouse to the segment which you want to delete, click it, then hold the
SHIFTand double click it. the segment will be removed.
- Change Cursor Style
Some users don’t like the cross cursor, so you can change it to arrow cursor like bellow image.
- Better Navigation Bar for Components.
On How To Find The Schematic Libraries, you can find a way to use many many components and package, now EasyEDA provide a great navigation bar on the top. You can use some open source parts and Pololu Module , like bellow image.
Enjoy it, if you have any questions, do let us know.